Cappuccino Plastic Surgery Verified
Mount Airy, Maryland 21771
Guy Cappuccino, MD
Contact This Doctor
About Guy Cappucino M.D
Dr. Guy Cappuccino is a board certified plastic surgeon serving the Frederick, Carroll, Howard and Montgomery County, Maryland area. Specializing in all types of cosmetic reconstructive surgeries, including hair restoration and transplant. Dr. Cappuccino is an experienced plastic surgeon known for treating each patient with compassion and personal attention. Dr. Cappuccino has full admitting and operating privileges at Carroll Hospital Center, Carroll County Ambulatory Surgery Center and Maryland Surgery Center of Columbia.
Dr. Cappuccino attended the Honors College at the State University of New York at Buffalo where he graduated Suma Cum Laude with a degree in Biochemistry. He obtained his doctor of medicine degree at the University at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences in New York. After graduation, Dr. Cappuccino was accepted into a highly sought after residency in plastic and reconstructive surgery at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ) in New Jersey. He completed his preliminary training in general surgery at University Hospital in Newark, NJ- the busiest Level I trauma center in the state.
Following his general surgical training, Dr. Cappuccino completed a comprehensive fellowship in all aspects of cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. Dr. Cappuccino is a Board Certified Diplomate of The American Board of Plastic Surgery. In November 2007, Dr. Cappuccino was invited to participate in a medical mission to Africa. During the 2 week trip the team performed over 30 reconstructive surgeries for the people of Mauritius, many of whom were children with burns and congenital deformities.
In 2009, Dr. Cappuccino was invited to Capital Hill to speak with our country’s legislators on the subject of health care reform. He believes doctors must advocate for the best interest of patients on the governmental level as well as the individual surgeon-patient level. In addition to his training, Dr. Cappuccino has many publications
and presentations to his credit on the topics of silicone breast implants, breast reconstruction, wound care, hand reconstruction, and craniofacial trauma.
Membership and Certification
- Diplomate of The American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Member of The American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of The Maryland Society of Plastic Surgery (John Stage Davis Society of Plastic Surgeons)
- Internship – General Surgery o UMDNJ, Newark, NJ – 7/03-6/04
- Resident Physician – General Surgery o UMDNJ, Newark, NJ – 7/04-6/06
- Resident Physician – Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery o UMDNJ, Newark, NJ – 7/06-6/07
- Chief Resident – Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery o UMDNJ, Newark, NJ – 7/07-6/08
- Maryland Medical License- Current
- Maryland CDS License- Current
- DEA- Current
- BLS, ACLS, ATLS certified
- M.D., University at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
- Buffalo, New York * August 1999 – May 2003 * Undergraduate: State University of New York at Buffalo
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry- Summa Cum Laude * August 1995 – May 1999
- 2009-Grand Rounds at Frederick Memorial Hospital- Reconstructive Surgery: Old Problems, New Solutions
- 2008 – Senior Resident’s Conference- Washington D.C. – Removal of free silicone from ruptured silicone breast implants using high powered parallel waterjet technology.
- 2007 – New Jersey Plastic Surgery Society- Poster Presentation Competition- First Place- Management of Exposed Vital Structures in Open Wounds
- 2007 – New York State Plastic Surgery Society- Resident’s Night- A Novel Approach to Removal of Free Silicone Following Breast Implant Removal
- 2006 – UMDNJ- NJMS Department of Surgery – Basic Science Grand Rounds: Surgical Management Of The Injured Hand
- 2005 – UMDNJ- NJMS Department of Surgery – Basic Science Grand Rounds: Surgical Management Of The Injured Hand
- 2004 – Breast Reconstruction in Poland Syndrome using Latissimus Dorsi Muscle Flap and Adjustable Implant – Poster presentation NJ Plastic Surgery Society
- 2002 – Use Of A Heterodigital Free Flap From A Non-Replantable Digit As A Reconstruction Tool In Multi-Digital Injuries- A Case Report- Presented April 2004- NJ Plastic Surgery Society
- 2001 – Parry-Romberg Disease as the Initial Presenting Sign of Systemic Sclerosis with associated Localized Scleroderma- A Case Report. Innoventions in Aesthetic Surgery- A Cleveland Clinic Symposium, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, March 1-2, 2002
- 1999 – Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion with rabea Cage Implant: A Preliminary Report of 83 Implants. Presented at: 29th Annual Meeting of the Cervical Spine Research Society, Monterey, CA, Nov 29-Dec1
- 1999 – Generation of a Recombinant Adenoviral Vector Overexpressing Cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), Sigma Xi Student Research Competition, Buffalo, New York, April 29 Publications * 2008- Sailon, Cappuccino, Fleegler- Nodular Fasciitis of the Hand- An unusual case report – ePlasty online journal of plastic surgery- (accepted for publication) * 2008 – Cappuccino, Granick- Maxillofacial Injuries: Current Therapy of Trauma and Surgical Critical Care, Mosby, Elsevier, 2008, pg 175-181.
- 2007 – Cappuccino, Granick, Tenenhaus Dobke, Removal of Extruded Silicone from Rupture Breast Implants with High Pressure Parallel Waterjet (pending publication)
- Yearbook of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery 2006
- Yearbook of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery 2007 Honors & Awards
- 2007 – ASMS Merck Scholarship Grant at Plastic Surgery 2007 in Baltimore.